- 1970 – 1980 Professional Footballer
- Clubs: St. Johnstone, Everton and Newcastle United until injury cut short his football career at the age of 26.
- Scottish International Honours
- 1983 – 1997 Head of Nike Football, where he played a pivotal role in the evolution of the Nike brand in the UK.
- Responsible for Nike “signing” such as Arsenal, England RU, Ian Rush, Eric Cantona, David Ginola and Ian Botham.
- 1999 Created the JJB Football Centres
- 1999 Oversaw the acquisition of Multisport by the Sports Resource Group and the creation of International Soccer Management